Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Farewells & Celebrations!



A random shot of our partial skyline to start off today's entry.........

It's been a pretty busy week since my last update; ensuring there are proper documentations and guidelines for all that has to be done, making it easier for the next person to take over. Also enjoying my last week having good farewell meals with colleagues, and the last birthday celebration I'll be organizing.

Yesterday was officially my last day with Maybank.

It's been a bittersweet journey on the project; Every work day within the 1 year 10 months has definitely helped me grow as an employee and a person. Hopefully for the better...? Lol. The best takeaway from this experience has got to be the people I've met; It's pretty much the only reason why work was bearable.


Moving on~ First farewell lunch!


With Shruti, Herly and Chee Chien.

Went to Etna Italian Restaurant (X) @ Duxton Road, recommended by Chee Chien.

A very nice and quiet place for lunch, but I bet dinner time would be super crowded and noisy.

I hope you're not hungry now because food pictures up next! Had to take a picture of each dish because they were plated so nicely! Also because it was an expensive farewell lunch for me. HEHE.


Bread basket to start off our appetite!

Sometimes I wonder why they start off a meal with bread though. Aren't appetizers meant to work up your appetite? Bread just makes me full. Lol.


Grilled Calamari
Super nice! Cooked just right and goes really well with all the other vegetables put together.


I cannot remember what this is..........................
But I think it's some mushroom? Or brinjal? Lol.


Simple pizza, but oh-so-good!
Thin crusts makes it easy to finish and not too filled up to want another slice.


Lasagne! It is always difficult to make lasagne look good, hahaha. But the taste for this made up for it.
Super fattening with all the cheese, but does not make you grow sick of it!


Ravioli with lobster!
Was surprised at the portion (approximately 6 pieces for $36?!), and I don't think I tried this. The person who ordered it would be damn sad if we each took a bite. Lol.

Then again, we were all sharing la.


Whoop whoop! The best order for the day.
Very tender and cooked just nice. Not too well done, but not bloody raw too!
Portion so worth it compared to the ravioli. :X


Ended our lunch with a sweet Tiramisu dessert. ♥






 Us waiting for our cab.


&The very same day, we celebrated their birthdays!
Last one I'm organizing for them; &I actually forgot to get the cake! Lol.

We didn't prepare a cake in advance, thinking we could get it somewhere near our lunch place. Turns out, there was no bakery near the restaurant!! So when we were done with lunch, we quickly googled for a bakery nearby and made a quick pit-stop to purchase it... Lol.

Apart from getting the cake in the 'last minute', we also forgot we left 2 laptops in the car!!!!! It was insane! Couldn't believe it when I realize we didn't have it. LOL. I am so glad we managed to reach the Grab driver and he was so kind to deliver it back to office. PHEW! Technology and this new cab hiring service is so cool, so convenient now! Imagine riding on a normal hailed cab - How would we be able to track him down in that few hours! Won't even remember the car-plate number.



The next day; Friday.



We were out and about after work for an after-party with our vendor.



Free beer, free food FTW!!!
Event so nicely scheduled, it felt like another farewell celebration for me. HAHAHA.
*Self-delusional*



But really, it was a very nice night hanging out with everyone. I really like OverEasy Bar. Their sliders are so good!



&So, that was my last week...


This is from yesterday, the last farewell lunch with more of my team members.
People I'll remember. :)

Had good Indian food and that is going to be another thing I'll miss! Indian food. Not that we can't eat it if we want to, it's just usually not in my list of choices because I don't really know what to order. As usual, they ordered all the good food to share yesterday. *rubs tummy* So satisfying just thinking about it.



&Yesterday was my last day. Mini gift from my new friends in the other department. ^^ Super sweet of them to write me messages, even getting me a cake!


Gave my Hello Kitty seat cushion to Ruth because she really liked it.
I like it too, of course! Just, wasn't sure my mum would be thrilled with me bringing home another plushie. Lol.


I am also just back from the last farewell lunch with my bosses; Was extremely touched when they told me to look out for a lunch place and they'll treat me. HEHE. I am not exactly close to them, just on normal working terms. So, it felt really nice to know they wanted to buy me a meal. Part 2 of feeling surprised when they tried to negotiate for me to stay. :')

&Now, I am moving on. ^^



Signing off with some favourite shots over the week!




Random lunch @ AMK's Nakhon Kitchen last week.
Standard so much better than the one at Kovan's!




Till next time, xoxo.

No comments: